[Bioperl-l] pir format for input and output os sequences

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at nildram.co.uk
Thu May 13 18:38:48 EDT 2004

Luisa,

The desc() method is implemented in Bio::PrimarySeq class and is used via
inheritance by all other sequence classes.

It is populated by strings from SWISS-PROT DE line, GenProt DEFINITION line,
and like.

Before writing out the pir format you can set:

$seq->desc('any useful information');

Hope this helps,

			-Heikki