[Bioperl-l] Perl Regular Expressions sought that match typical bioinformatics applications input data

M.Shahid Mohammad.Shahid at Genetik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Fri Mar 26 15:36:33 EST 2004

Dear All,
For a small software project, I'm looking for Perl Regular
Expressions that match file formats and related input used
for bioinformatics applications, e.g. FASTA, Clustal,
PROSITE patterns, PAM similarity matrices, etc. Note
that I do not want to parse such data, just check whether
the format is correct. Is there any compilation out there ?
If not, what is the best starting point to collect such Regular
Expressions ?

Best Wishes,

M. Shahid