[Bioperl-l] ABI.pm and .ab1 files

SRMD, Col - Underwood, Anthony Anthony.Underwood at hpa.org.uk
Fri Mar 19 10:37:27 EST 2004

Hi Kevin

As far as I am aware the ABI module doesn't allow this. However if you run
an abi file through phred (available free to
academic/non-profit-http://www.phrap.org/) with the -c option (e.g phred -c
trace.abi) this will write out an scf file which can have the trace values
extracted using the BioPerl SCF IO module. I hope that this helps.

Anthony

Dr Anthony Underwood
Bioinformatics Group
Genomics, Proteomic and Bioinformatics Unit
Central Public Health Laboratory
Health Protection Agency
61 Colindale Avenue
London