[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.4 on Debian

Josh Lauricha laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu
Tue Mar 9 14:06:12 EST 2004

On Tue 03/09/04 10:46, Kutbuddin Doctor wrote:

> I am about to switch a debian machine from the stable debian package
> "bioperl 1.0-1".
> The test package "bioperl 1.2.1-2" is listed as unstable.
>
> Why is this ~1yr old source still listed as "unstable"?

The package is not unstable, it is in the unstable distro. If I recall
correctly, its also in testing. This just means that it was released
after woody was. When sarge is released, it will be in stable.

> I wish to go directly to bioperl 1.4 . I see my options as CPAN for 1.4
> or the test debian package "bioperl 1.2.1-2". Our happy-go-lucky system
> admin prefers debian packages :)

I've got an unofficial 1.4 package that I could make availible, but its
not likely to ever get into debian (I'm not a maintainer) and when 1.4
is in, its not likely to be structured like mine (which isn't really a
big deal.)

| Josh Lauricha            | Ford, your turning into |
| laurichj at bioinfo.ucr.edu | a penguin. Stop it.     |
| Bioinformatics, UCR      |                         |
| OpenPG:                                            |
|  5A0D 92D3 D093 79DE F724 1137 6DF1 B5EB D9CE AAA8 |