[Bioperl-l] new Bio::Installer modules in bioperl-run

avilella avilella at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 09:14:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 13:56, Todd Harris wrote:
> Hi Albert -
>
> This would be a nice convenience.
>
> Do these handle the (potentially) many system-dependent issues as well?

Nope. It only checks for:

($^O =~ /dec_osf|linux|unix|bsd|solaris|darwin/i)

or strictly:

/linux/

at the points where it does system-dependent calls... for the moment.

Has bioperl an estimate of XX% of OSes where is mostly installed/used?

>   Or
> can yo

> u just generically pass configure/make/test/install paramaters to the
> installer object? Also, a superclass would be nice that creates an installer
> factory for those wishing to build lots of things from a single script.

There is a Bio::Installer::Generic for the common calls, like ("tar xzf
package.tar.gz")... But very "simplistic" right now...

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cvs/cvspublic/wallace/bioperl-run/Bio/Installer/

Still tweaking and adding some bits,

    Albert.