[Bioperl-l] Bio::PopGen::Statistics discrete calculations

avilella avilella at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 07:53:55 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm interested in calculating some of the statistics in
Bio::PopGen::Statistics in a discrete, position-wise, way.

For example,

I've done a quick implementation of the method "pi" that returns the
value of the statistic for each polymorphic positions instead of the
mean of all of them. It's "pi_discrete" method:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cvs/cvspublic/wallace/bioperl-live/Bio/PopGen/Statistics.pm?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I would also like to have methods to do Sliding Window calculations for
these statistics. Something like:

"Calculate tajima_D for windows of 100 polymorphisms that slide 10
positions"

Any comments about the logic, naming, interest of this methods?

Thanks,

    Albert.

--
Albert Vilella Bertran    avilella_at_ebi_ac_uk
EMBL Outstation, European Bioinformatics Institute