[Bioperl-l] new to bioperl

aditi gupta aditi9783 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 8 16:32:34 EDT 2004

hi to all,

well,let me put it straight.i'm new to bioperl and i have very basic,small knowledge of perl.

i also don't know how object oriented programming is done in perl.
and all the modules which i wish to use, are written as objects.

and to add more,i've worked on unix before but now i'm forced to work on windows, n the ppm is creating some permissions problem and i'm not being able to install bioperl because of that........and since i'm not an administrator, i'm not allowed to install activeperl again.
and i even tried using http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/index.shtml
but the downloaded files are not opening. maybe winzip is required for that,but i'm not allowed to install even that.....

i've to blast some genes with 30 different species and write output in a format which tells query and subject ranges,location on gene and chromosome,identities and similarity percentage.

i wish to know whether i can directly include relevant subroutines of SearchIO, AlignIO, and SeqIO into the script. will that work?

please reply,my deadline for this work is quite near.

thanks in advance,

regards,
aditi