[Bioperl-l] Blast against the mouse genome

Jonathan Manning bmb9jrm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 07:52:09 EDT 2004

Hello all,

Apologies for duplication, I found this question in the archives from
February, but with no reply.

How do I run remote Blast against the mouse genome? I've accomplished
this with the human genome via a 'chromosome' entry for -data, but this
only returns human entries. I've changed the parameter like:

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'ENTREZ_QUERY'} = 'Mus
musculus[Organism]';

But to no avail. I've sucessfully checked via the web that my query
returns mouse genome results. The results page quotes 'contig' as the
database, but this doesn't work from the script.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Jon