[Bioperl-l] SwissProt/UniProt GN line format changed

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Jul 31 10:47:15 EDT 2004

I added the capability to parse this and a test to the main trunk.

The parser will write out the GN line(s) in the old format though. Does
anybody have the requirement at this point that the parser write the
new format?

The problem with writing the new format is that that would require some
additions to the object model, because it would require context for the
individual annotation values ('Name', 'Synonym', 'OrderedLocusName', or
ORFName). Presently, annotation values do not have context in Bioperl.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org