[Bioperl-l] All-vs-all BLAST

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 20 10:57:48 EDT 2004

The documentation for TCoffee and Clustalw are not available through
docs 1.4. Though I'll stand corrected.

try:
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.0.2/Bio/Tools/Run/Alignment/Clustalw.html

-james

Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You want to compare all the possible pairs of sequences in the set? If
> that is it, you can try putting all the sequences in an array, blast
> the first against all the others, shift it out of the array and then
> repeat the process until the array is empty. If it's a multiple
> alignment you want, you could probably use
> Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw
> <http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.4/Bio/Tools/Run/Alignment/Clustalw.html>
> (I was going to link to the webpage, but that link is broken in the
> Bioperl webpage).
>
> -Paulo
>
> Peter J Stogios wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for a script to do an all-vs-all BLAST comparison of a
>> set of sequences.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
		-- Dr. Seuss

Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group  |
School of Biological Sciences    |
Ashworth Laboratories            | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh          | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                        |
EH9 3JT                          |
UK                               |