[Bioperl-l] Batch Entrez with Bio::DB:GenBank or Bio::DB:GenPept

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 12 00:27:47 EDT 2004

Is there a way to use Batch Entrez via Bio::DB::GenBank or
Bio::DB::GenPept, or does get_Stream_by_acc() or similar methods
automatically retrieve in batch mode?  I want to retrieve ~1500-2000
protein sequences from GenBank, and I couldn't find a clear-cut way for
specifically asking for a batch retrieval.  Or do you recommend using
the Entrez web interface directly?

Chris Fields
Postdoctoral Reseacher - Dept. of Biochemistry
Laboratory of Dr. Robert Switzer