[Bioperl-l] Automating a fasta sequence submission

pdavid at netvisao.pt pdavid at netvisao.pt
Tue Jul 6 07:48:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

To read through the text file, you can use Bio::Seq

http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.4/Bio/Seq.html

If you read the synopsis, you'll see how to get each sequence from the
file into a variable. To do the rest, if it's something that Bioperl won't
do (check the tutorial at
http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/bptutorial.html) I would use the
WWW::Mechanize module to feed the sequences into the website. It's not
hard to use, if you look at the examples and then at the module itself:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/lib/WWW/Mechanize/Examples.pod

Good luck,
Paulo Almeida