[Bioperl-l] EST functional categories

Joshua A Udall jaudall at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 22 15:55:43 EST 2004

I'm working on an EST project.  I'd like to use bioperl to identify
putative functional categories of individual ESTs and eventually end up
with those ubiquitous pie charts or histograms (using excel).  I've seen
that ontologies structures have been built into bioperl but there isn't
much documentation (or I've overlooked it).  I could use some help/example
scripts to get started.  I've blasted all my ESTs against nr.  How do I
take the best blast hit and look it it's functional category on GO/Interpro?

Joshua Udall
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Ph: (515) 294-7098
Fax: (515) 294-1337