[Bioperl-l] How to obtain the nucleotide coding sequence.

Valentin Ruano valentin_ruano at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 18 11:44:26 EST 2004

Hi all,

Given a full nucleotide sequence in EMBL format. I
would like to obtain the CDS corresponding
subsequence, that is, free of any non-coding trailing,
-leading or intron segments.

I see how it may be done using the splicing
information encoded in the (join(...)) CDS feature
value. However I'm wondering whether there is some
package that does it already; I do not what to
reinvent the wheel.

Any clues, where I can find shuch functionality?

 thanks in advance, Valentin.