[Bioperl-l] compatibility problem of SeqIO

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Fri Jan 9 08:35:11 EST 2004

if you add this in your script it can give some information about whether
or not you can read the file.

if( -r $seqFile ) {
 print "I can read $seqFile\n";
} else {
 print "I cannot read $seqFile\n";
}

you can also try
open($fh, $seqFile) || die( "$seqFile: $!\n");

You should check file permissions, that you are running in the proper
directory, etc.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich