[Bioperl-l] loading sprot.dat

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu Jan 8 10:55:43 EST 2004

Peter,

Some of the data in a SwissProt file is parsed into Features, some of it
into Annotations (Swissprot entries are RichSeq objects, like Genbank and
EMBL entries). So probably you'll want to look at the Feature-Annotation
HOWTO. Unfortunately there are no Swissprot examples there but the logic
will be the same, open the file with SeqIO and print out specific entries,
or portions of entries, with the desired characteristics. Perhaps the SeqIO
HOWTO would be useful as well...

Brian O.