[Bioperl-l] OT: Breadth-First Search Algorithm - BFS

Nathan (Nat) Goodman natg at shore.net
Fri Feb 27 16:31:05 EST 2004

Graph::Base is seriously broken.  I urge anyone who's using it to check
the bug list at
http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Graph.

The developer, Jarkko Hietaniemi, is well aware of the problems and is
working on a rewrite.  In the meantime, I have a very simple graph
package that I'm happy to share.  It handles undirected, unlabelled
graphs only.  It provides depth and breadth first search, all pairs
shortest path, enumeration of all paths in a graph, as well as the
basics.

Best,
Nat

Jose M? Glez Izarzugaza wrote:
>> I'm working with a graph and I need to calculate the values of C and
L, to do so, I need an algorithm to calculate the distance to the other
elements....
>> A good one is BFS algorithm.

Jeremy replied: