[Bioperl-l] SGD GFF3 file available soon

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 18 17:30:45 EST 2004

Stan -

I am very much looking forward to this - up till now I have had to
reformat the .tab file myself just to get a working GFF3 where Bio::DB:GFF
aggregators would behave properly.  Looks like what you have for the
gene/CDS sets and will give it a try in my db/scripts.  Will be very happy
to see it all consolidated as you have done so nice work.

-jason
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Stan Dong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a programmer at Saccharomyces Genome Database ( SGD,
> http://www.yeastgenome.org/ ). I am working on developing a flat file
> in GFF3 format ( http://song.sourceforge.net/gff3-jan04.shtml ) to
> represent sequence features of yeast genome and it will soon be
> released on our ftp site. This is very useful because quite a few open
> source softwares can take this file format as input such as Gbrowse,
> Chado
etc.