[Bioperl-l] Problems running remote blast

Richard Adams Richard.Adams at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 03:31:56 EST 2004

Hi,
First of all make a sequence object :

my $seqobj = Bio::PrimarySeq->new(-seq=> $your_Sequence_String,
-display_id => 'whatever');

Then use the synopsis from Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast which is a
minimal remote blasting module (changing
parameters as appropriate).

    The result that is returned in $result can be written in HTML

        my $result = $rc->next_result();

         my $writerhtml = new Bio::SearchIO::Writer::HTMLResultWriter();
         my $outhtml = new Bio::SearchIO(-writer => $writerhtml,

-file   => ">searchio.html");
                             # get a result from Bio::SearchIO parsing
or build it up in memory
                            $outhtml->write_result($result);

The SearchIO modules are clearly explained in a HOWTO document if you
want to know more.

Cheers
Richard

--