[Bioperl-l] Blast Images

Eckhard Lehmann ecky.l at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 15:33:07 EST 2004

Hi,

> Does anything exist within Bioperl, or otherwise, to take a Blast output
> (or Search object) and produce an image showing the location of the hits
on
> the query sequence?  (much like the NCBI have on their blast pages)

Bioperl-Tk does a good job if you want to have it outside any webpage and
inside a Perl-Tk widget. The package to consider is Bio::Tk::HitDisplay.

I wrote a blastviewer in Tcl/Tk that does almost the same (and shows a bit
more than Bio::Tk::HitDisplay), but that one comes with its own self written
BLAST parser which is not so effective as the one in BioPerl and may be a bit
buggy... but nevertheless it works and the parser is extensible ;-).

Eckhard ;)