[Bioperl-l] Re: Uniprot

Eric Jain Eric.Jain at isb-sib.ch
Wed Feb 4 05:30:41 EST 2004

> Is there a BioPerl module to send a request to UniProt db ?
> My script send a request to Swissprot :

There is:

UniProt. Identical to Swiss-Prot and TrEMBL. You should be able to use
whatever tools you have been using so far to work with these two
databases. Distributed as two separate files.

UniRef. UniProt clusters. Available at three different levels of
sequence similarity. No BioPerl module available yet, as far as I know.

UniParc. Sequence archive. Doesn't really exist yet.

All these three together are also referred to as 'UniProt', in which
case 'UniProt UniProt' is called 'UniProt Knowledgebase'.

Anybody else who finds this confusing, raise your hand now...

--
Eric Jain