[Bioperl-l] genome analysis

Liam Elbourne liam at mmb.usyd.edu.au
Tue Feb 3 20:56:02 EST 2004

I'm looking for the quickest way to take a write a complete genbank
entry (ie with all annotation and features) from a microbial genome
entry, using the start and end of the area of interest. In particular
I want to 'restart' the nucleotide positions, so that the beginning
becomes position one in my created genbank entry, and the end becomes
the original end minus the original start. I can see how to do this
by loading the whole genome into a Bio::DB::GenBank object and
iterating through it etc, but there must be a better way......

I am new to Bioperl, so if this the wrong list for this question, a
gentle nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. The answer
to my question above would also be appreciated!.

Regards,
Liam Elbourne