[Bioperl-l] Re: Given a protein sequence (and its Genbank accession number)

Barry Moore barry.moore at genetics.utah.edu
Fri Dec 3 17:57:21 EST 2004

Wuming-

Try the file gene2refseq and/or gene2accession from
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/gene for the mapping.  It lists mRNA and protein
ids.  After you've got you mRNA ids, use  Bio::DB::RefSeq to grab the
mRNA, and extract the CDS coordinates from the features table as you
suggested, and then the sequence.

Wuming Gong wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>In fact, I wanna get the coding sequences of the given proteins. Can I
>perform the job by tblastn the proteins to refseq databases followed
>by extracting the CDS sequences according to the start and end locus
>of CDS in the SeqFeature section ? Thanks.
>
>Wuming
>

>On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:48:23 +0800, Wuming Gong <gongwuming at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi list,
>>
>>Could you please give me some clues on how to map a protein sequences
>>which accession number is already known to a mRNA sequences in
>>GenBank?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Wuming

Barry Moore