[Bioperl-l] locuslink - gene positions?

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Thu Aug 26 06:23:28 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,
Thanks! Well, honestly speaking I think the problem is NCBI. They change
formats, file locations frequently enough to keep us busy. Now they move
from LocusLink to Entrez Gene, so some stuff is vanishing from LL_tmpl
and moving to the new ftp dir in a separate file. So we have to write
new parser, etc. Homologene also is changing the format and this will
lead to a schema change. MGI map is also not in LL_tmpl so we have to
get this from  jax. And so forth...
I think H_inv is a nice idea. Another idea we are exploring is Jaspar...
Stefan