[Bioperl-l] bioperl is not playing nice with DProf on aix

Mike Cariaso cariaso at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 18:13:34 EDT 2004

Many thanks for the quick reply. You were only
slightly beaten by someone's 'Out of office' nice.

> cat f2.pl
use Bio::SeqIO;
print "hello world\n";

> /usr/local/bin/perl -d:DProf f2.pl
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

> gdb /usr/local/bin/perl core
GNU gdb 5.0-aix51-020209
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as
"powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0"...(no debugging symbols
found)...

warning: core file may not match specified executable
file.
Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols
found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...#0  0x110220a30 in ??
() from (unknown load module)
(gdb)