[Bioperl-l] SOS----for BioPerl Installing

Alex Zhang mayagao at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 23:26:11 EDT 2004

Dear friends,

Hi! I faced some problems when installing BioPerl on Macintosh.

I am using James D. Tisdall's Masterhing Perl for Bioinformatics and
following the installation instructions.

When running a test program, which is

************************

use Bio::Perl;
$seq_object = get_sequence('swissprot',"R0A1_HUMAN");
write_sequence(">roa1.fasta",'fasta',$seq_object);

************************

it displayed that "Your systems does not have one of LWP,
HTTP::Request::Common,IO::String installed so the DB retrieval method is
not available.

Full error message is:
  No such file or directory
    Bio::Perl::get_sequence('swissprot','ROA1-HUMAN') called at Bo11.pl
line 3".

Then I downloaded libwww-perl-5.64 and installed it. But two errors
appeared. One was: "Checking for URI...........failed" and the other one
was "Checking for HTML::Parser..failed". Then I downloaded the URI and
HTML::Parser modules from CPAN and run the test program again. But the
program still bothered me.

So I wish I could get suggestions from you!

Thanks,

  Alex