[Bioperl-l]ABI.pm and .ab1 files

Kevin Roland Viel kviel at emory.edu
Wed Apr 28 18:56:27 EDT 2004

Malay,

   Thanks.  I diverted some attention to perl, but just not enough :(

   This still frustrates me, but I have found a kludge.  I use phred so I
just added the -cd <directory> -cp 2.  The SCF file produced has a 128
byte header followed by the data of interest.  I read this file directly
using SAS (using the S370FPIB2. informat).  The file is in big endian
format.  If anyone following this thread might suggests where and how
the ab1 format stores these data, I would be very thankful as it would
save space (why have a .scf and .ab1 file?).

   For what is worth, I have attached a gif of my subregion.  I have found
it very useful and very informative for review.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Viel
Department of Epidemiology