[Bioperl-l] module for pattern matching

Andrew Walsh walsh at cenix-bioscience.com
Fri Apr 30 02:16:43 EDT 2004

Hi Gowtham,

One place you could start is with a module called String::Approx (from
CPAN).

I seem to remember though that the version I had did not always
correctly return the match position.  It may have been fixed in newer
releases.  The module uses C extensions, so it would be faster than a
pure Perl implementation, in case speed's an issue.

Andrew

gowthaman ramasamy wrote:
> hello list,
> i would like to know if there is any module for the following purpose.
>
> using perl i want to capture the multiple occurrence of a pattern (reg
> exp) ,which i can do by following line.
> @array1 = $string =~ m/..../;
> But how can i get the position of all the occurrences of pattern?. If i
> have 10 matches, i want not only the matches but also their positions.
> Any help will be appreciated.
> gowtham

Andrew Walsh, M.Sc.
Bioinformatics Software Engineer