[Bioperl-l] bioperl-run on windows XP

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Apr 21 08:17:07 EDT 2004

To whom it may concern,

First, it doesn’t seem that you installed the bioperl package, you’ll need
it in order to run the bioperl-run package. Second, the way that you
installed bioperl-run, extracting and copying, doesn’t resemble any of the
usual ways one would install bioperl, or perl and perl modules generally, my
guess is that it’s more-or-less guaranteed that you’ll encounter various
problems if you take this approach. I suggest that you take a look at the
INSTALL.WIN file and choose one of the approaches described there. To answer
your question, yes, you can run bioperl on XP.

Brian O.