[Bioperl-l] small change to Bio::Align::Utilities

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Mon Apr 19 10:40:28 EDT 2004

Hi Albert,
This certainly can be a problem. Actually I believe this problem should
be handled by Bio::AlignIO, where each format specific parser will
convert the gap character to a standard, "-" for example in the
resulting Bio::Align::AliignI object.. And also account for cases like
the one you mentioned. Then we can take my correction out.
In any case aa_to_dna_aln did not care about . so you would end up with
a shortened sequence.
Stefan