[Bioperl-l] blast_sequence problem

Regina Schmitt rschmit6 at jhmi.edu
Fri Apr 9 12:30:10 EDT 2004

Hello, my name is Regina and I'm new to the list. I've just installed
Bioperl on Win XP and once I got around some problem with IO:String it
seems to work fine. I am having a problem running the following script
(from the tutorial) though:

$seq_object = get_sequence('swissprot',"ROA1_HUMAN");
$blast_result = blast_sequence($seq_object);
write_blast(">roa1.blast",$blast_result);

I get the following output:

Submitted Blast for [ROA1_HUMAN]
--------------------WARNING ---------------------
MSG:

--------------------------------------------------- .

and the output file is blank.

Since the warning message is blank, its kind of hard to
figure out whats wrong! I did a bunch of google searches
and came up with nothing. I also tried it with different
sequence inputs.

I hope this is not a RTFM question and I am sorry if it is. I'm just wondering if there is some known bug or
perhaps it is something obviously wrong...its hard to tell. I know of other (newbies) who are having the same
problem. I am running Perl v5.6.1 btw.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

~Regina