[Bioperl-l] Storing Sequences and Alignments

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Fri Apr 2 08:33:17 EST 2004

I have an in-development (but currently in real-world use) database
schema (CDAT) and accompanying software library (CDATlib) for storage
and manipulation of phylogenetic "Character state Data And Trees".
This includes storing multiple alignments (as a state matrix), as well
as the underlying sequences, hierarchical sequence features and the
trees that describe the phylogeny of members in the state matrix.  The
interesting bit is that the state matrix may be probabilistic for
inferred ancestral states, and may refer to features as well as
sequences.  If this seems "up your alley", contact me for details.

-Aaron