[Bioperl-l] Finding modules on hard disk

Chet Langin clangin at siu.edu
Wed Sep 17 10:32:25 EDT 2003

When looking at the code for a module, I would like
to be able to quickly find and look at another module
which might be used by the one I'm looking at.

For example, if the code I'm looking at has...

use AnotherModule;

...how do I find AnotherModule so that I can look
at the code in it?

This would be like the "whereis" command.

Also, I have noticed that some modules appear more
than once in my hard disk directory structure.  How
do I know which one is being used?

<http://mypage.siu.edu/clangin>  <clangin at siu.edu>
~~~Diagonally parked in a parallel universe~~~~~~~