[Bioperl-l] Help with Bio::DB::Query::GenBank

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 9 10:59:18 EDT 2003

OK

I have fixed my own problem (or one in Bio::DB::Query::GenBank - actually in WebQuery.pm, actually in UIR.pm!!)

IN WebQuery.pm, sub _get_request the code is:

$uri->query_form(@params)

if one does a simple "print $uri\n" we find that the url string says:

db=+nucleotide

hello?  where did that "+" come from?????  OK so if I do a $uri =~ s/\+// in my code to get rid of it, i get the correct number of results :-D

So perhaps my URI.pm is incorrect....

Mick