[Bioperl-l] bug #1546 and BPlite/BPpsilite

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Tue Oct 28 15:43:19 EST 2003

WRT buggy code - Do you mean the parser or the running of BLAST from
withing Bioperl?

If in regard to StandAloneBlast, I totally agree.  I frequently ask for
someone to propose a new rewrite of this module which is more robust,
scalable to WU-BLAST, but so far have had no takers.  I don't personally
run BLAST that way so I've not had an itching desire to rewrite it.

As for buggy parsing, you're using BPpsilite which has been superceeded by
new code in Bio::SearchIO::blast on the main trunk (but not necessarily in
1.2.3).  I do not have any plans to personally maintain any of the
BPlite/BPpsilite/BPbl2seq modules as all of my own development effort is
focused on Bio::SearchIO.  Others are welcome to maintain these - we'll
get you an account to do this if someone volunteers.

As for the problems you are specifically reporting, hopefully someone will
have a chance to look at it soon.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich