[Bioperl-l] 1.3.02 failed tests

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Oct 22 04:25:20 EDT 2003

Allen, your recent change to require only 1 digit instead of 3 after
the colon broke the parser. The change makes the regular expressions
pick up EC numbers as secondary GO accessions. Did the test quoted
below not fail on your machine?

I'm going to reverse that change. The MPATH ontology needs to be
accommodated in a way that doesn't break the parser, possibly by having
its own.

Also, I should urge you to add test cases for all the ontologies for
which you found yourself having to adapt the parser. Otherwise the
ability to parse those too may be abolished silently at any time by
anyone changing the code.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org