[Bioperl-l] Pise: control on submissions

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Sun Oct 19 17:11:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

This is just an information for those of you who use the bioperl Pise
API. It's about a new type of error that can happen
when running programs under Pise: recently, we had difficulties to
cope with the growing number of requests (mainly from interactive
users) and I had to add a limit on the number of submissions - even
queued ones. So, it's really a good idea to check for the job
status when using the bioperl Pise API, for the server may be too busy
and reject the request.

my $job = $fastdnaml->run(-alignment => $ARGV[0]);
if ($job->error) {
    print $job->error_message, "\n";
    # exit or whatever
}

In this case, a possibility is to use an alternative Pise servers (such as
kun.homelinux.com - which is faster, see examples).

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center