[Bioperl-l] OS X bioperl, staden/read, install problems

Jim Nolan jnolan at tulane.edu
Mon Oct 6 10:47:57 EDT 2003

All is right with the world. I rooted around and only found that
SeqIO/staden/read had been installed, but not the rest of
bioperl-ext, since I never passed all the tests. I commented the
lines from SeqIO.pm which required staden/read and ran make test.
Essentially all passed, with some minor errors.
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/System/Library/Perl/darwin -I/System/Library/Perl -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;'
t/*.t
t/DB.........................ok
         1/78 skipped:
t/SeqIO......................ok
         3/184 skipped:
t/StandAloneBlast............ok 4/10Blast Database swissprot not
found at t/StandAloneBlast.t line 72.
Blast databases(s) not found, skipping remaining  tests at
t/StandAloneBlast.t line 76.
t/StandAloneBlast............ok
t/game.......................ok 20/23Use of uninitialized value in
pattern match (m//) at /Library/Perl/XML/Writer.pm line 307.
Use of uninitialized value in print at
/System/Library/Perl/darwin/IO/Handle.pm line 379.
All tests successful, 4 subtests skipped.
Files=137, Tests=6319, 460 wallclock secs (93.89 cusr + 16.76 csys =
110.65 CPU)

Thanks for your help. I would like to reinstate my whine about adding
new dependencies, though ;-).

I would be happy to provide feedback on errors in installing
bioperl-ext on OS X if needed.

Thanks again.
Jim