[Bioperl-l] Developers: what do you want to fix before 1.4 release?

Steve Chervitz steve_chervitz at affymetrix.com
Mon Nov 24 19:10:19 EST 2003

On Nov 24, 2003, at 2:04 PM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> I am fixing up blast parsing to get the gapped, ungapped, and
> frame-specific lambda,kappa, entropy from the reports for those who
> want
> this.  I will also try and make sure we are getting more of the
> parameters
> from the reports into the Result objects.
>
> Presumably we had talked about remove SearchIO/psiblast.pm from 1.4
> release - not sure if that is still a good idea.

I'm fine with this. There are a few example scripts that are pointing
at psiblast.pm. We'll have to make sure they work with blast.pm.

SearchIO/psiblast.pm depends on some modules in Bio::Tools that can
probably also go away (Bio::Tools::StateMachine::*) since these modules
aren't being used by any other Bioperl modules. There may be external
code that depends on them, but not too likely. If there's interest, I
could contribute them separately to CPAN.

Steve