[Bioperl-l] Re: Developers: what do you want to fix before 1.4 release?

Todd Harris harris at cshl.org
Mon Nov 24 12:47:56 EST 2003

Hi Heikki -

Re: SVG support for Bio::Graphics

This is now essentially done.  I've released the GD::SVG module to CPAN and
implemented support for most features of GD that Bio::Graphics employs. I
would very much like to see this a part of 1.4.

You can check out the output from the examples/biographics in SVG at
http://toddot.net/projects/GD-SVG/index.shtml#examples

What remains:
   - detailed survey of glyphs to ensure that they render in png and svg
     identically.
   - more extensive testing
   - more supported features in GD::SVG (not required for bp 1.4 release).
   - adding in SVG information to full documentation

It should be no problem to finish the testing within a week (or two, given
thanksgiving gorging and recovery this week for some of us).

todd