[Bioperl-l] Re: [Gmod-schema] load_gff3 handles ##sequence-region

Scott Cain cain at cshl.org
Mon Nov 10 12:52:26 EST 2003

Allen,

Thanks for doing this, but it seems I hadn't thought this all the way
through--specifying a name, a start and an end is not sufficent,
therefore, the '##sequence-region' line is not going to work in it's
current form.  The problem lies in assigning a SO type to the region.
Is it a chromosome, contig, assembly, band, arm, etc?

So I think we will have to go back to requiring that the reference
sequence be a full GFF line that occurs in the file before any features
referring to it.

Thanks,
Scott