[Bioperl-l] gcg.pm, another comment

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 09:45:07 EST 2003

Hello again

Thanks for the replies, I'll get down to some work on this soon I
hope.  Meanwhile, I find that the following error is also thrown unpredictably,

gcg.pm line 137

    if(defined $chksum) {
        unless(_validate_checksum($sequence,$chksum)) {
            $self->throw("Checksum failure on parsed sequence.");
       }

By unpredictably, I mean that the same sequence may or may not throw this
error.  Some sequences seem to be a little more prone to it, but with
enough tries you can always get a sequence past it just by rerunning the
code until it works...

Can I safely comment this out????  or is it an indication of something more
deeply wrong at the heart of my OS (which is a Tru64 5.1B) ??

thanks
Derek