[Bioperl-l] Bio::Structure with CGI!

UT qing.gao at utoronto.ca
Thu May 29 01:26:18 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am stuck with Bioperl's structure module while trying to parse pdb files..
We have a web interface that allows a client to upload a "pdb" file, it
looks like Bio::Structure only takes local files. So we have to save the
uploaded file to the local drive, then process it. It is memory-inefficient
and can create security holes in our server. Is there a way that I can
process the pdb file from remote machines without actually saving them into
the server again? Is Bio::Structure the only module I can use to parse pdb
files in Bioperl?

Your help would be appreciated,
Lyne