[Bioperl-l] Bio:Tools::Primer3, Bio::Seq::PrimedSeq, and Bio::SeqFeature::Primer

Elia Stupka elia at tll.org.sg
Fri Mar 21 15:21:26 EST 2003

Hi Robert,

Good to see Primer3 coming along, some comments:

you might want to have a look at bioperl-run. We have decided to split
the actual "running" of programs from their parsing, so in theory you
should have a Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3 that inherits from
Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase and has some standard methods such as run
(I notice you call the method exc, but the doc title is run...). Also
all the arguments can then be simply put in a begin block as arrays of
keyowrds which get "authorized" to be used by the OK_FIELD hash (see
any of the run modules in bioperl-run for more specs).

Then the parser would go into Bio::Tools::Primer3 only for the parsing
methods, which would be at least the basic next_result method shared by
other Tool parsing modules (though admittedly we haven't yet come up
with a proper interface module or base class)

Elia