[Bioperl-l] [Bioperl-guts-l] [RFC] Module names (fwd)

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon Mar 10 13:08:42 EST 2003

John -

We use the namespace
Bio::Tools::Run
for anything which runs an external application.

All these modules are part of the bioperl-run CVS module (except
StandAloneBlast and RemoteBlast for historical reasons).  All the modules
inherit from Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase and have a defined set of
methods like 'program' and 'run' which allow us to have generic pluggable
modules in an analysis system.

For the record, there is already a Bio::Tools::Run::HMMPfam which
Shawn/Elia/Bala can comment on (er it does not use SearchIO as a parser
and in fact adds yet-another-parser, hope you guys know what you're doing
there).

In any event, if we could wrap your logic of a driver for running HMMER as
local binary (+/- pvm-enabled) and timelogic|paracel execution it would be
great.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich