[Bioperl-l] Bioperl stability

Luc.Gauthier at aventis.com Luc.Gauthier at aventis.com
Mon Mar 10 14:50:04 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I recently started to work with the Bioperl libraries and one question won't
leave my mind ...

I am wondering how stable Bioperl can be considered. Some people told me
that
they had to rewrite major parts of their applications after Bioperl library
evolutions. If I believe what they say, the core architecture they relied on
changed so much that it was barely compatible with that of the release they
originally worked with.

Since I yet haven't had time to see the birth of a new release, I cannot say
how true that is.

The problem is that I would like my applications to keep working fine if we
someday have to install new releases of Bioperl.

Thy is why I come to you, the Bioperl community, to help me take the right
decision: can I safely rely on Bioperl for my developments ?

Thank you very much for your help and have a good day,
Luc Gauthier