[Bioperl-l] bond() operator

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Fri Mar 7 08:14:15 EST 2003

I guess we should come to a decision here relatively soon. It is not
nice if people want to parse through a file and one entry that throws
an exception just stymies them. Ideally we would be able to include a
fix, if any, in 1.2.1 (Ewan?).

These are the options as I see them. No claim of completeness though.

a) Do nothing and wait it out until NCBI uses a saner way to annotate
this.

b) Similar to a), but change the exception to a warning. (whole feature
would be ignored)

c) Similar to a), but ignore the enclosing bond() for the time being,
without even warning. (feature itself would not be ignored)

d) Make every effort to retain the bond() operator as the feature's
tag/value. (this may require some nasty lines of code, but is doable)

e) Add genbank_loc_operator() to SplitLocation and store the value of
the operator there.

If you see more options please post.

Other than that, please vote.

	-hilmar