[Bioperl-l] Is there a parser for "seq_contig.md"?

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 08:12:35 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> I'm afraid no, but maybe the file's format matches a standard one
> supported by bioperl. Have you checked what the precise format is?

It is not - it is a pretty simple file to understand, but the data
consequence of it is quite extreme (ie, assembled chromosomes). Parsing
this into an object which does something more than just give back out the
lines in the .md file would be fine.

Sang - have you checked out the Ensembl system, either EnsMART
(www.ensembl.org/EnsMART) which is a powerful, flexible, web accessible
data mining system and/or the Ensembl Perl API, which is a Bioperl
compliant Perl API to genome sequence (go to www.ensembl.org, click on
documentation, and there is an up to date tutorial there)