[Bioperl-l] general Analysis client added

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Mon Mar 3 23:13:14 EST 2003

Martin Senger wrote:
> Catherine Letondal wrote:
> >
> > -access => 'pise'
> > could be useful ?
> >
>    Absolutely! I have even included Pise in the picture I have drawn (but
Yes that's right, thanks.

> I think I have misspelled it, sorry).

Maybe I should change the -remote parameter of
Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory::Pise class to a -location one, just
to conform to the Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory interface ?
I don't think people already using the Pise API have already used the -remote
parameter, so it might be still possible to change it.

On the other hand:
$service = new Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory
                 ->create_analysis ('edit::seqret');
can be more a problem to change. In Pise it's:

my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory::Pise->new();
$service = $factory->program('toppred');

and this type of code has really begun to be used (several jobs every days,
and sometimes hundreds of them from several place apparently, and on
various programs).

I can of course put an alias method called create_analysis that redirect to
the program() one.

Another point: you can apparently use the Bio::Tools::Run::AnalysisFactory
without instantiating it?

Anyway, that's great to put SOAP services in bioinformatics!!

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center