[Bioperl-l] sequence upgrading

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at devgen.com
Fri Jun 27 09:38:10 EDT 2003

Hi Hilmar,
> Wouldn't Storable::dclone suffice? Storable comes default
> with perl ...
> (since 5.6 I believe)

Yes, that is the reason why I have been implementing this using Storable.
Gave up on Data::Dumper soon.
Actually I had only to fill in the template of Heikki (thanks again for the
help !). As a starter I have been working on the copy method in
Bio::Seq::RichSeq (Hilmar, I can split up deep cloning and upgrading if you
want; please consider this current copy method as proof of principle). It
works for deep cloning and for upgrading.
You can try it out if you want to see if this is acceptable.
Regards,
Marc